HOW TO AVOID BACK PAIN DURING THE HOLIDAYS
Parties? Shopping? Driving? Wrapping gifts? Our 12 solutions to decrease stress and muscle tension that lead to back and neck pain.
- Sit in a comfortable and firm chair and be aware of your sitting posture.
- While prolonged standing put equal weight on both feet. Need help? Get your posture checked at our office for FREE with our NEW COMPUTERIZED POSTURE ANALYZER.
- Unless you are using a headset, don’t cradle the phone between your ear and shoulder while cooking, cleaning and talking.
- Best not to wrap presents on the floor as that encourages poor posture. Instead vary your position while wrapping. Stand or sit at a table, sit in bed or sit in a comfortable chair. Remember to “stretch opposites”, so if you are leaning forward stretch backward.
- Be comfortable with supportive shoes and comfortable clothing. Wear a fanny pack, instead of your heavy purse, with the essential items you need.
- Stretch before and after a day of shopping to stretch out your muscles.
- Make frequent visits to your car so you do not carry too much at once.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Take regular breaks and eat light foods. (ie: salad, fruit, cheese, sliced turkey, veggies, nuts, etc)
- Try not to bring your children with you as this leads to frustration for everyone.
- At the end of your day, stretch your muscles, take a hot bath or shower and consider a relaxing massage with one of our therapists.
- If you feel pain starting, use an ice pack for 20 minutes and repeat every few hours.
Our Chiropractic/Wellness Center is here for you…If you experience pain during this busy season, visit us to we can help alleviate your pain naturally and you can enjoy the holiday season as it was meant to be!!
Stick to a physical activity routine, get a minimum of 7-8 hours sleep, eat healthfully and relax!! These are the best things you can do for yourself, your family and your back.